Friday 7 December 2012

Far East - Day 7 & 8, "Local Food"


Tuesday 27th November: Again, another great sunrise over Butterworth. However the day would soon turn and the heavy rain and thunderstorms would be overhead again.
Evergreen containership Uni-Premier slowly approaches the port through the main channel.

Lunchtime, I ended up sampling some of the local food.... the chop sticks were soon replaced by a fork and spoon (I didn't want to go hungry).
For some, the sun was too strong for the walk back to the office!

Wednesday 28th November: I left the hotel early, and went up to the heritage area which has now got UNESCO status. First stop the Lighthouse/Signal post at Fort Cornwallis.




Around the groups I spotted these birds.

 Then up to the port, where the Butterworth - Georgetown ferries were seen.

Just outside the port, this clock tower built to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee.
A few other examples of the local architecture.


 Then the walk back to the office, in the heat of the morning. Something I later regretted when arriving at the office, dripping in sweat.

More chance to sample local food, this time at the famous 'Line Clear'. This food I really enjoyed, though I was caught eating with my fingers!!

One of the local specialities, Fish Head Curry - I didn't indulge!

The evening was spent in the local shopping mall, the Gurney Plaza, doing a little light shopping.

Then a nice dinner accompanied by a beer! 
...and another beer!

all copyright Krispen Atkinson
@Krispen_ships


No comments:

Post a Comment