Friday 7 December 2012

Far East - Day 5, "Bye Bye Singapore, Hello Penang"

Sunday 25th November: My stay in Singapore was coming to an end. By mid morning I had already checked out, and was in the cab to the airport.
Bags checked in, and boarding card in my hand I had an hour to spare. After a pleasant 'local' lunch, courtesy of Ned who had come to see me off. It had to be done, a final curry puff.....


Now at the departure lounge, outside it could only be described as wet. Thunderstorm crashing and banging overhead, and then the announcement we all dread to hear on the PA system 'we regret to inform you that the flight is delayed because of the weather conditions'.
Boarding final happened, an hour late, and then further delay taking off - because of congestion caused by the storm. 

Arriving in Penang an hour and a half later, it took an hour to get from airport to the hotel. On arrival, I got to my room dropped my bags and looked at the view!


The Star Cruises' Superstar Libra leaves Georgetown on one of her short trips.


A short walk was taken up Gurney Persiaran. Some of the wildlife was seen.



...and the fishing fleet moored off the beach


The view to the east, and towards the mainland at Butterworth


 Some of the buildings along Gurney Persiaran


 As I was going to bed, it was still chaos out on the sea front....


all copyright Krispen Atkinson
@Krispen_Ships

No comments:

Post a Comment